Media Hub My Account
Back to Support

Learning disabilities

Supported housing

Our supported housing for people with learning disabilities allows our residents to live in independent flats or rooms while being supported by our trained staff. The support varies by the scheme, depending on the type of disabilities and the level of assistance needed. Some schemes, like Speedwell Court in Barnet offer 24-hour support. Others offer support during the day.

Where is it available?

We have supported housing schemes in the following boroughs:

Do you accept self-referrals?

We cannot usually accept direct referrals for our supported housing services. In most cases, referrals come from a local council or specified referral agencies.

If you think you may be eligible to apply for this type of service please contact your local council.

Do I have to pay?

During their referral process, your local authority will assess you to see if you need supported housing. They will also do a financial assessment based on your income, savings and expenses to decide if you will need to pay for the support and if so, how much. 

Support in the community

For people with learning disabilities who are well enough to live in their own homes, we offer floating support services. 

Floating support aims to help someone over a period of time so that they are able to manage their needs themselves once the floating support ends. 

We will assess all your needs and agree a support plan with you to meet those needs. The cost of the service is based on the amount of support needed. Areas we can support you with are:

  • Making friends, new hobbies, new relationships, going out and visiting places.
  • Finding a course to study, getting a job or a vocational training course.
  • Everyday living skills: budgeting and managing finances; menu planning; shopping, cooking and diet; help dealing with gas and electricity companies; and housework.
  • Personal care: support with general health, self-harm, mental health, drug and alcohol problems.
  • Helping you to get disabled adaptations to your home.
  • Housing problems, tenancy and the law.
  • Personal safety: safeguarding issues and child protection.
  • Equal rights and supporting stopping harassment.
  • Celebrating your culture and visiting religious places.
  • Reminding you to take your medication and store it safely. 

Where is it available?

We are currently offering outreach/floating support services in the following areas:

Do you accept self-referrals? / Do I have to pay?

You can contact us directly about your need for support. We can then discuss your situation and potential payment options. 

  • You may become a private client and cover the cost of the service yourself.
  • You may also like us to discuss your situation with your local authority to see if you can get a referral from them. They will then carry out an assessment of your financial situation to see if you will have to pay for the support and if so, how much.