What you can expect from us
We aim to provide great services and build honest, open and trusting relationships. We will try our best to:
1 - Focus on what we can do to help you and not on what we can’t do
2 - Provide a clear and prompt reply to your query
3 - Provide an honest and transparent service
4 - Provide realistic timescales and where we can’t we will keep you updated
5 - Fix things if they go wrong or break.
The detail behind these statements:
- Reply to all online and email enquiries within one working day - when you email our contact centre or get in touch through our website
- Reply other emails within three working days
- Answer your call within 60 seconds when you call our contact centre
- Promote and develop ways you can use our services online.
- Give you a job reference number and offer you a range of appointment dates and times when you request a repair or adaption to your home
- Remind you about your appointment 24 hours before it happens
- Carry out urgent repairs within two hours. These are repairs that are deemed necessary to avoid the risk of injury to people, or damage to buildings and property
- Attend all other repairs in an average of 10 days depending on severity
- Aim to fix your repair first time service your gas boiler every year, if you live in a rented property
- Remove offensive graffiti within 1 working day of it being reported
- Repaint the outside of wooden doors and windows, and shared areas, on average every seven years.
- Give you details of our major works planned for the next year
- Support and assist you in getting adaptations to your home
Rent and Service charges
- Acknowledge your service charge query in one working day by email, or three working days by post, and respond in 10 working days
- Post you a rent statement every three months and tell you about the different ways you can pay
- Work to deliver improved value for money for service charges
- Post you an annual schedule for your new rent and estimated service charges, including a summary of the costs for services relevant to you.
- provide you a copy of your audited accounts by September of each year
- Consult with you on major works or changes to services you pay for through your service charges
- Before you move into your new home, we will:
- make sure the property meets all health and safety requirements, and is clean and safe.
We will: .
- Keep the shared areas of buildings and grounds where you live clean, tidy and safe
Whenever you report antisocial behaviour (ASB), we will:
- Contact you within one working day to get more information about your ASB issue complete a risk assessment with you
- Agree an action plan, and work alongside other agencies to resolve the issue. We will update you on our progress each month.
Care and Support Services
- Give you a welcome pack, including relevant information about our care and support services and the local area
- Give you information and support to help you take part in the activities
- Make sure we fully assess your needs
- Agree a specific and realistic support plan that you understand, and review it at least every six months
- Make sure we agree any changes to the care or support we provide you with everyone involved.
- Deal with your ‘expressions of dissatisfaction’ when you first contact us, without you having to make a complaint
- Contact you within one working day of receiving your complaint
- Respond to your complaints in full in 10 working days, or where things take longer keep you informed
- Resolve your complaint the first time you report it.
Customer involvement and feedback
- Publicise news about Origin
- Ask for regular feedback from you on our services via the website, newsletters and meetings
- Make sure the feedback we collect from you is kept confidential
- Tell you how we will use your feedback
- Publish summaries of the feedback we receive on our website
- Provide opportunities for you to help us shape and improve services
- Provide opportunities for you to get involved in the management of our services.
- Provide fair entry to our services and treat you with respect
- Make reasonable adjustments for our customers and stakeholders with disabilities to ensure our services are fair and accessible
- Provide translation and interpretation services for essential information on request.