Origin Housing aims to provide a high quality of life for all our tenants which is why we tackle anti-social behaviour promptly and fairly.
Anti-social behaviour is anything that interferes with other tenants' rights to a quiet enjoyment of their home or the harmony of the community. While we prefer to avoid legal action, we are prepared to go down this route if anti-social behaviour continues and is proven by considerable evidence.
Other remedies we have in place to prevent and repair the damage caused by anti-social behaviour include:
- Promoting the Origin Housing policy
- Publicising the availability of play/youth facilities
- Tenant induction sessions
- Floating support
- Origin Housing Gold Reward Scheme
- Request to local police for extra patrols
- Tenant association/estate events to facilitate contact between different community groups
- Liaison with other services such as council social services and health departments
- Minor repairs - erecting fences/repairing locks
- Security initiatives
- Develop and support local youth initiatives such as summer play schemes
- Where appropriate SPH Housing will consider the use of professional witnesses.
You can find out more information from the following documents: