Our policy on Data Protection
We recognise the importance of respecting the personal privacy of all our tenants, residents, customers and employees. We also recognise the need to build in appropriate safeguards during the collection, storage, processing, utilisation and destruction of personal data. Our policy is to comply with the eight principles of the Data Protection Act.
Please click here to view our Data Protection Policy
Any information that you provide to us will only be used in the following situations, unless required by law:
- to update your details where appropriate;
- for monitoring purposes to ensure equality of access;
- for tailoring purposes to improve services for all our customers;
- in partnership with contractors for maintenance, repairs and gas servicing;
- in partnership with third parties who carry out satisfaction surveys on our behalf.
On each form or request for information there should be a note explaining how that specific information will be used. For example, if a resident fills out a diversity information form, the details will be entered into our management system - which is securely locked with restricted access to fully-trained staff. If the form is from an existing customer it is shredded and placed into our confidential bins.
Our website does not capture or store personal information, but merely logs the user's IP address which is automatically recognised by the web server. This is used to record the number of visitors to our site.
Privacy and cookies
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, your computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task,
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don't need to do it for every web page requested,
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there's enough capacity to ensure they are fast.
Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and volumes of usage. This is to ensure that the service is available when you want it and fast.
For more information about Google Analytics visit Google Analytics website.
Removing and disabling cookies
If you do not wish to accept cookies on to your machine you can disable them by adjusting the settings on your browser. This will affect the functionality of the websites you visit.
Personal data (i.e. information which could identify you) submitted to us, for example in response to a consultation, will only be used to respond to your feedback. We will not pass it on to any third party (including other Government departments or agencies) without your consent.