Media Hub My Account
Back to Support


Mental Health services

Supported housing

People with mental health conditions may be eligible to live in our supported housing. This usually consists of independent flats with a staff office on-site and a support worker available to help with day-to-day issues.

Thanks to the help of our support workers, supported housing allows people with mental health problems to live independently.

The level of support from support workers varies depending on the needs of individual residents. It may include help with various life skills such as learning to cook or help accessing benefits. 

Where is it available?

Origin can provide Supported Housing for people with mental health problems in Camden.

Do you accept self-referrals?

We cannot usually accept direct referrals for our supported housing services as, in most cases, referrals come from local councils or specified referral agencies.

If you think you may be eligible to apply for this type of service please contact your local council.

Do I have to pay?

You will not have to pay for the support you receive but you will have to pay your rent and bills. If you receive benefits, your housing costs will be covered by your Housing Benefit / Universal Credit payments. 

Support in the community

People affected by mental health conditions can also be supported in their own homes. This is referred as floating support, which aims to assist the person over a period of time so that they are able to manage their needs themselves once the support ends. 

The service is flexible and works within the mental health recovery model, offering:

  • practical hands-on support around housework, cooking and cleaning,
  • support to better manage your mental health and symptoms,
  • help to stay in your home,
  • help in managing money and accessing benefits,
  • help making the most of your free time and being active in the community

This enables people with serious, enduring mental health problems to continue living in the community in their own homes and be supported to stay out of hospital.

The main aim of our service is to support people to live as independently as they want to.

Where is it available?

We are currently offering floating support to people with mental health needs in: 

Do you accept self-referrals?

In the borough of Camden, all service users need to be referred by their Care Coordinators.

We do accept self-referrals in Hertfordshire. If you would like to find out more about our Mental Health Floating Support Service in Hertfordshire, please contact us on  0203 503 0937.

Do I have to pay?

If you live in Watford, you will not have to pay for your floating support.  

If you live in the borough of Camden, depending on your circumstances, you may have to pay for the service yourself. Your Care Coordinator should be able to give you more information.