Following the announcement on Monday evening of a new National Lockdown, with rules very similar to the first lockdown, to take effect from the early hours of Wednesday morning. The message is once again ‘Stay Home. Protect the NHS, Save Lives’
You can see the latest government advice here: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
What are the rules?
The rules in brief are that we must stay at home
with the following exceptions
- Exercise (once per day with household or support bubble or one other person if socially distanced)
- Medical reasons
- Domestic abuse
- Buy food and other household essentials
People who are medically vulnerable will need to shield.
Schools, colleges and universities will be closed except for vulnerable children and the children of key workers. Early years settings will remain open.
- We will continue to provide all services as we have done since the initial lockdown in March including repairs, servicing of heating systems, estate services such as cleaning and rubbish clearance.
- Where staff and our contractors are required to visit you or a site we will continue to do so, taking all necessary precautions – social distancing and hand washing, as well as face coverings while on site or in your home. We would ask that you ensure that you also take all necessary precautions and keep socially distanced from our teams as they go about doing their work.
- We will continue to offer appointments with our Neighbourhood Managers, Home Ownership and Income teams which are available either online or by phone. Get in touch here or book an appointment
- If you report a repair we will contact you to see when you would like the work done, ensure we work safely in your home and ask you to help us. You can read more about how we work safely in your home. Please let us know if anyone in your home is displaying any Covid-19 symptoms.
- You can contact us by phone, email, through the website using the Chat Bot or an enquiry form, you can also send us a whats app message or use social media if you need to get in touch. Get in touch here.
- Our ChatBot is available 24/7 and can answer most questions for you – including sending you a rent statement, or being able to report a repair.
If we experience significant staff shortages due to infections we may need to scale back to essential services but will work as flexibly as possible to avoid this.
There has been a significant rise in reports of anti-social behaviour during the pandemic, so we ask that all respect their neighbours, follow the rules and show tolerance to others.
Our staff and contractors will continue to work hard to maintain services to you in a covid-secure way. Thank you for your co-operation and understanding.
If you have any queries or concerns please get in touch.
If you are self-isolating there are apps or join a local Facebook Group where people are volunteering to deliver shopping or help out in some way. https://nextdoor.co.uk/ or search Facebook.co.uk If someone asks for your card details or money - this is likely to be fraud and not a helpful neighbour, There is a likely to be phising emails where people may ask for personal details. Please do not give personal details, if you are unsure please get in touch.