Together with Tenants
What is Together with Tenants?
Together with Tenants is about rebalancing the relationship between people who live in housing association homes and their landlords.
It aims to do this by setting clear commitments for tenants andresidents on what they can and should expect from their landlord, enabling them to hold their housing association to account onthe issues that matter to them.
Together with Tenants is an initiative from the National Housing Federation, developed in partnership
with its housing association members, tenants, residents and social housing stakeholders.
The Federation published a draft plan in February 2019, developed following extensive conversations with tenants, residents, housing associations and stake holders, outlining four actions that together could strengthen the relationship between housing associations and the people who live in housing association homes.
At the heart of this work is a set of commitments – a charter – which housing associations can sign up to , setting
out what their tenants and residents can expect in terms of engagement and their influence
Tenants and residents will have the opportunity to report on how well their landlord delivers on these
The Together with Tenants Charter
- Every tenant and resident has the right to be treated with respect.
- Every tenant and resident has the right to a decent, safe home and quality service.
- Every tenant and resident has the right to be listened to and have their view heard on decisions that affect their community, home and the services they receive.
- Every tenant and resident has the right to know how the organisation is run, how decisions are made, and how they can get involved.
- Collectively, tenants and residents have the right to influence decisions that affect their community, home and the services they receive.
- Every tenant and resident will have simple, clear and accessible routes for raising issues, making complaints and seeking redress.
- Every tenant and resident will receive support and advice when things go wrong or their expectations aren’t met.
- Every tenant and resident will have access to the information they need to make informed decisions and hold their landlord to account.
How can I get involved?
If you’d like to get involved with Together with Tenants, or you’d like more information, get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Tenant involvement is at the heart of Together with Tenants and so your input is so important in making the project a success.
You can also sign up to the Federation’s mailing list for tenants and residents to get updates and insight as the project develops. You can sign up by sending your name, the name of your housing association and your email address to email@example.com