Across everything we do to learn from our customers, we work to four guiding principles:
We’ll always be open, honest and transparent. We’ll update our residents with how their involvement has helped, and what’s changed as a result.
We’re constantly trying new ways of getting input from our residents, and trying to make sure taking part is as easy as it can be.
We like to test things out, and often make changes and improvements as we go along, so there’s less of a chance we spend time and money on something that turns out not to work.
We're committed to our more formal activities being genuinely representative of all our customers - particularly based on location and customer group.
What our residents can expect from us
- Provide opportunities for our residents to get involved in a range of different projects, so that they can find something that interests them.
- Invite them to take part in projects or activities that we know are interesting or relevant to them, based on what they tell us.
- Offer them a quick and easy way to share their views on changes that have a direct effect on them and their communities.
- Make it easy to suggest activities and improvements that would benefit where they live.
- Use existing opportunities, like scheme coffee mornings, to gather their views; rather than ask them to go out of their way on another occasion.
- Tell them about the difference they’ve made by taking part in a project or sharing their views.
- Provide training, mentoring and coaching, and any other help they need to take part.
- Publish an annual report that shows what work we have done in this area, and the impact it has had.
- Support them to form a local residents group through our grants programme.