Paying your rent
Easy ways to pay your rent:
- by direct debit
- at a Post Office or Pay Point in a local shop with your Allpay card
- by standing order. Set up your standing order by calling the Contact Centre on 0800 040 7989
- Register with My Origin our new self service portal and you can also see your rent statement online.
- Pay online via allpay
- by telephone with a credit or debit card payment via Allpay. Call the Allpay telephone payment line 0844 557 8321 . You must have an Allpay rent card to do this
- to request an Allpay card call the Contact Centre on 0800 040 7989.
- Allpay App. You can download the Allpay App to your smartphone and register your details to pay your rent.
- You can send a cheque to our offices, crossed and made payable to Origin Housing
- Housing Benefit Direct. You can ask your local Housing Benefit Office to pay Origin Housing direct.
To find out what you can expect from our rent and service charges service please click here to read our Origin Service Offer.
If you need support and advice
The Income Management Team manage rent accounts for the benefit of you and Origin Housing. The Income Management Team help you to keep your tenancy and they ensure that Origin has enough money to pay for maintenance and improvements to homes like yours.
Are you having financial difficulties? For advice please call the Contact Centre on 0800 040 7989. We may be able to provide support if you’re having problems with:
- rent payments;
- debt problems;
- welfare advice;
- changes in household income and circumstances.
What happens if I can’t pay my rent?
If you have problems paying your rent you should call the Contact Centre immediately on 0800 040 7989. We will be sympathetic and will:
- check that you get all the benefits you’re entitled to;
- help you manage your money;
- put you in touch with a specialist debt advisory service.
Wherever possible we will try to come to an agreement with you to clear your arrears. However, if you continue to fall behind with your rent and fail to clear your arrears we will take legal action against you.
If Origin needs to repossess your home we will serve you with a Notice of Seeking Possession.
You then have four weeks to agree to an arrangement to pay your arrears in installments. If you have not paid these installments during the four week negotiation period, then we will seek court action and a lump sum payment (this would be more than your installments amount).
If we have to go to Court we will seek a County Court judgement to evict you from your home, which will mean that:
- it will be very difficult for you to get credit or a loan;
- we will be able to apply for a warrant to evict you from your home;
- you will not get a reference for other landlords or mortgage lenders;
- if you leave owing rent, we will instruct a debt collector to recover the debt from you.
When you contact us, if you are facing legal action, your call may be transferred to one of the following Income Officers: