Moving to another Origin property
General needs moves
To be eligible to move to another Origin property, tenants must have lived at their current property for a minimum of 12 months and should not be in rent arrears. You also need to complete a transfer application.
If you are successful in your application you will receive a user ID and PIN number to bid for properties. You can choose from properties advertised in our choice based lettings and bid for the properties that interest you.
If your application is approved you can bid for properties in two ways:
- Telephone 0800 040 7989 and press 3. Listen to the message and make a note of the property advert number.
- Visit www.homeconnections.org.uk and click on ‘Origin Housing’ under "Choose Your Partner".
If properties have been advertised, bidding will open on Wednesday at 12:01am and closes on Monday 12:01am the following week. You can bid for any properties during this period.
Choice based lettings (CBL)
This gives you more freedom to move, and the flexibility to choose a property that suits your needs. CBL are available in: Barnet; Brent; Camden; Ealing; Enfield; Hounslow; Islington; North Hertfordshire; and Watford.
Download more information about Choice based lettings.
Retirement housing moves
Origin Housing holds a waiting list for new applicants seeking retirement housing in Barnet and Stevenage. For more information about accessing other types of housing, call our Customer Service Advisors on: 0800 040 7989.
You are eligible if you:
- Are over 60 years old;
- Have support needs which can be met locally;
- Are over 55 years old with a proven medical, physical, learning disability or support need that can benefit from the support services provided in retirement housing.
Supported housing moves
Origin Housing has a designated move-on quota for supported housing tenants. Whether you live in one of our properties managed by a partner agent or are a direct supported housing tenant, you can move on to an independent flat.
The annual move-on quota is:
- 10 independent flats for supported housing tenants;
- 7 independent flats for a managing agent tenants.
How you qualify for moving-on
- You must be ready to manage an independent tenancy without support. Usually the support you get from your support worker ends when you move on. However, you may be able to receive floating support from us or from another provider for a limited period of time. If you are moving from a tenancy managed by an agent, they will support you for 6 months in your new tenancy.
- You must have a good record of complying with your tenancy agreement. This means that you have not been served with a Notice to Quit or warned about your anti-social behaviour.
- Your rent account must be up-to-date. You must not have any rent arrears.
Location of the move-on flats
Most of our move-on flats are located in the north London borough of Camden. We have only a limited number of move-on flats in other boroughs. This is because move-on flats are 1-bedroom properties and most of these at SPH Housing are located in Camden.
Bidding to move-on
Speak to your support worker and ask to be referred for moving-on. Remember you must fulfil the criteria as outlined in the above section How you qualify for moving-on.
Your support worker will need to complete a Move-on Referral Form and you will then be asked to meet with our assessment and support officer to discuss your application.
If your application is accepted our Lettings team will contact you to explain how to go about bidding for available properties.
Origin Housing is part of a Choice Based Lettings scheme that allows tenants to bid for their chosen properties. You will be allocated a password and a Personal Identity Number to do this. Bidding can be done online or by telephone.
All new vacancies are advertised on-line or in the Camden New Journal. Your support worker will be able to help you with this.
Once you have successfully bid on a flat, you will agree a date for moving with the Lettings team and your support worker. Your support worker will be able to help you with the arrangements and advise you where to get furniture and equipment for your flat, if you need help in this area. Remember that you will need to have some savings at this stage to buy your furniture, equipment and removal expenses.
We sometimes have vacancies in our supported housing schemes for people in need of support who are living with learning disabilities or mental health problems.