Health and Wellbeing
Origin Housing believes that health and wellbeing are an important aspect of community development.
Formerly part of Origin’s Sustainable Communities programme, Health and Wellbeing is a fundamental part of our work to promote community cohesion.
Health and Wellbeing addresses core issues such as:
- Access to health services;
- Information and advice;
- Support for carers;
- Healthy food and exercise.
The priorities of our Health and Wellbeing program include:
- Improving access to health services;
- Improving access to relevant information and advice;
- Improving access to healthy, affordable food;
- Increasing opportunities for exercise;
- Targeting issues that affect residents – e.g. teenage pregnancy, heart disease, diabetes.