Many people need support in order to live happy and contented lives within their community. That’s why Origin Housing support young people and adults to develop as community leaders, giving them the tools they need to make significant changes in their communities.
Origin Housing help build communities by providing training, opportunities to develop projects and volunteering opportunities.
Many of Origin Housing’s projects are designed to reach young people at risk and those engaged in anti-social behaviour. Specific goals include:
- Increasing membership and influence of the youth forum;
- Supporting residents’ associations to develop and deliver projects in their own areas;
- Providing more training, mentoring and volunteering opportunities for young people;
- The establishment of new community groups and projects;
- Assisting groups and individuals with fund raising for community projects.
Origin Housing encourage initiatives that bring people together. By sharing residents’ skills, knowledge and resources our communities become stronger.
Our priorities include:
- Helping residents to plan and manage their own projects;
- Organising events and activities to bring communities together;
- Providing training, advice and support with project planning;
- Helping people work together to achieve common goals;
- Managing the Origin Timebank.